Sunday, 23 February 2014

Had a chance to have a delightful chat on the phone with my two older grandkids today.  I can't wait to get out there and see them later this year.  My younger daughter's due date (her first, a girl) is Monday, the 24th.  Fingers crossed...

Fixed my son and I some Asian noodles with chicken, snow peas, onions, carrots and cabbage, flavored with garlic, ginger, black bean garlic sauce, rice wine and black rice vinegar.  That was a nice dinner.  There was still one piece of my grilled Indonesian sweet soy chicken.  I chopped that up, mixed some of the sweet soy with some mayo and a little Sriracha, and tossed the chicken in a French roll with some pickled banana peppers for work.

Saw a case of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, or broken heart syndrome, this weekend.  Funny thing is that Gina had one of those 'true stories from the ER' shows on recently and they presented a case of this same cardiac syndrome.  Life and entertainment crossing paths,  I guess.

Decided to brave the electronic scale at work.  Discovered I've lost about 20 pounds in the last couple of months, down from what was the heaviest I've ever weighed.  Soda has been my biggest bane, and that is down to an occasional bottle or can...usually if I'm flagging in the wee hours of the morning, at work, or if Gina and I are out-and-about doing things.

Just have to work Monday night, and then I'll have some time off.  Yay!  I'm planning to do something fun with my son then, unless something comes up.  A movie and dinner, maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts

On H.P. Lovecraft, Cosmic Horror, the Cthulhu Mythos and Dreamlands.

An Interactive Guide to the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

M.A.R. Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne

Creative Commons Licensing