Friday, 28 February 2014

I really do not enjoy life with PTSD.  Sigh.  I'm finding that I am having periodic difficulties with Gina being gone.  Like last night.  I felt I had come untethered, for lack of a better word.  It was difficult to focus.  I would catch myself drifting.  I even had anxiety on my way to work, for no good reason.  I didn't used to be like this.  I feel like Gina was anchoring me with her presence (which I didn't realize before), and now that she is visiting the girls, I am finding it harder to stay in "present".  I think I am dissociating. 



Thankfully, after about eight hours of sleep, I am feeling better, more "here".  Woke with another headache, like yesterday, though not quite as bad.  It hasn't completely left, yet.  Down to about a "3", from a "6", I'd say.  Grrrr...

Still no Grandchild #5.  Stubborn, just like her momma'.  They say you get the kids you deserve...*laughing*

Fixed Chicken Paprikash for Matthew and I for dinner.  Served it over egg noodles.  Just what the doctor ordered...savory, warming...real comfort food.  Chicken with lots of red onions and sweet peppers, tomatoes, white wine, lots of paprika, and enough black pepper to give it a slow, mellow heat, and a little marjoram.  I thickened it up at the end with a little half-and-half and plain Greek yogurt.



Some seeds arrived today:  several kinds of lettuce, mixed Siberian kale, heirloom Scottish beets, Italian tomatoes, Sicilian purple cauliflower, the pumpkin of Naples, and a couple of others.  Some old VHS tapes I picked up also came, along with a bottle of medicine, and our copy of William Woys Weaver's Heirloom Vegetable Gardening.  An out-of-print classic, I recently jumped at a chance to get a copy for $19+shipping.  It routinely goes for $25-$30 for a used copy ($90-$125 or more for a new copy!), so that seemed a bargain.



Stephanie, our former foster daughter, is coming back from Montana tomorrow evening.  She's been staying with us lately, and also went out to visit the girls, who are like sisters to her.  Another person in the house should help keep me more focused, I think.  I hope so, anyway.

Did some tidying.  Guess I should get ready for work...



Comments

Popular Posts

On H.P. Lovecraft, Cosmic Horror, the Cthulhu Mythos and Dreamlands.

An Interactive Guide to the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

M.A.R. Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne

Creative Commons Licensing