Thursday, 6 March 2014...

Gina will be home Sunday evening!  I'll be going to pick her up.  Maybe we can stop somewhere for a bite to eat on the way back.  I can hardly wait.  I'm so glad she got to go spend time with our daughters and grandchildren, and be with Laura when she gave birth, but it has been a struggle for me at times.

Our beautiful new granddaughter, Elena, with her equally beautiful mother, Laura!

Laura and our new granddaughter, Elena, went home from the hospital yesterday.  All is well.  Elena's scores were a bit low, so they had them hang out for an extra day, just in case.  I'd rather they err on the side of caution.  These days, that's far from a given.  It seems not that long ago that Laura was a little girl...

Had to go see a doctor this morning to see if any of  my continued issues might be signs of a mild TBI, from my time in the military.  He didn't think so, which is good, but went ahead and ordered an MRI, just in case.  I hope he is right.  I find it easier to be optimistic about PTSD than a TBI.  I'm tired.  The appointment was stressful, and it kept me up until about 10:00 AM, well past my norm on a work night.  Looking forward to sleep Friday, when I get home.

I made a nice big pot of chicken soup, with lots of veggies(green and root) and egg noodles, Wednesday night before work.  Brought a container of it along tonight.  Should be better the second day.

My knee is hurting.  I took our Old English Sheepdog, Maggie, for a good walk Wednesday.  It seems  to have aggravated my right MCL, which I injured back in December.  I'll be glad when it is completely resolved.



I read today that Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is talking about running against Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.  He'd get my vote.  Our views are not that dissimilar on many of the important topics.  He certainly values peace, people, veterans, jobs, and the environment, unlike many of those who currently parasitize our nation's capital

Comments

Popular Posts

On H.P. Lovecraft, Cosmic Horror, the Cthulhu Mythos and Dreamlands.

An Interactive Guide to the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

M.A.R. Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne

Creative Commons Licensing