Saturday, 1 March 2014...

Still no baby.  My daughter's frustration mounts...

Stephanie managed to make it back despite Billings being in the midst of their worst storm in forty years:  three feet of snow between Thursday-Friday and more still falling, with temps as low as -40F.  I think it will be better for me having another person in the house.  The silence won't be as loud.  Had an unsettling moment at PDX, though.  A turboprop(?) plane was taxiing and it sounded just like being on the tarmac in Iraq/Kuwait.  With Gina being gone there was a little too much resonance for comfort.

A few things arrived already from the gift card purchases.  Gina's Irene Dunn movie and "The Secret of Roan Inish" came, along with a tie bar I picked up for Matt with a dragon's head on it.  He'll enjoy wearing that to church on Sundays.  More seeds arrived:  Iranian pumpkins and Central Asian squash, some heirloom yellow cherry tomatoes from China and a melon and tomato each from Iraq and Afghanistan.  Seems like the least I could do when the giant ag companies are destroying their native agricultural systems.  There were also a couple of old Silat Sera-Serak dvds I found on Amazon for less than $2.50 each, plus shipping.

Winco had 17-ounce containers of Sabra hummus for $2.98 so I bought three.  I had some of the "Supremely Spicy" a little bit ago.  Whoa.  Very respectable heat.  I've felt like I had a tapeworm all evening.  I keep getting hungry.  I'm hoping that's a good sign.  I've got leftover chicken paprikash for "fourth meal" at work tonight, or whatever they call it.

One more night and I'll have a couple of days off.  Yay!  I've got a lot to do then.

Comments

Popular Posts

On H.P. Lovecraft, Cosmic Horror, the Cthulhu Mythos and Dreamlands.

An Interactive Guide to the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

M.A.R. Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne

Creative Commons Licensing